Saturday, April 18, 2015

Quick Return - April in NYC - Citifield - The Mets


On my "list" of things to do in life was to see my former student, Michael Cuddyer, play professional baseball..... he had been drafted by Minnesota right out of high school and then played for the Colorado Rockies next.... my efforts to see him in Spring Training in Florida had never quite worked out..... so this year, when he was traded to the Mets I knew it could happen..... While in NJ for the night prior to my trip in to NYC we watched the game and were upset to watch Michael be hit by a pitch and leave the game... then another player from Chesapeake,  David Wright, tore his Achilles tendon and was out of the game!


We were early to the ballpark (subway from midtown) and toured the "Hall of Fame"... quite well done with lots of memorabilia and historical information......
As we rode up the escalator to enter the field both my sister and I were pleased to see Michael's baseball card photo in "Today's Lineup" right on the wall in front of us....



As we entered the field area right on the jumbotron was a story about Michael, his association with David, and  his talent for card tricks ...... great way to pass the time while waiting for the game to begin....As a freshman in high school he garnered some extra credit in algebra class for explaining the mathematics behind a card "trick" I had done in class.....
Pre Game Hug.... Wonderful! 

Time to Stretch 

Signing Autographs Before the Game 

David Wright 

View from Our Seats
By comparison to the Yankees Game that my husband and I attended I would say the tickets are more reasonably priced and the food is more varied....
The Mets won.... and they are still on the longest winning streak since 2011.... hope it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment